This site has moved to a new address: www.sikhiwallpapers.com

Sikhs in Movies Right or Wrong?

Through the course of time life is moving on, and many things happening in and around our lives.Through last week I have been receiving many emails from IHRO and other sikh email groups celebrating over the win in their Singh is King movie issue that Akshay Kumar will be shown as a Saabat Surat Sikh. It good for a show case cause. But somewhere my mind feels that I was made different by my GuruJi but I am also falling in the same wind, where the world is going. So I put up a question to myself that should we sikhs be acting in worldly movies or not?, where most of the money is made by a show off apart from some social causes.

My personal thoughts make me feel a simple no to the question? Why? Because we have been made different in many aspects from the world. For a simple instance people smoke, drink but we don't. Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji said: You can find stones all round the world but diamonds are hardly found at all places because they are special. The thoughts get more stronger when I look back our glorious Sikh History where the ruthless conversion for Hindus to Islam and Hindustan to Islamic Country was going on fast by Aurangzeb. Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji were different, who opposed this forceful conversion. Though Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji was ready to give his head (which he gave for humanity) but did not accept any force.

Continuing the same traits of a fearless father, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji were different that's why he took head on fight with the tyrant Mughal Regime and never bowed to their force. He was alone in Jungles and preferred to walk bare footed in thongs as many Shaheed Sikhs had their Kesh open as they fell on ground.

What's wrong or right is on you to decide but I feel that we should only take up those movies which have some social awakening. And in regards to media lime light I think my deeds are going me feature more prominently on this worldly stage.

Please Leave your comments on what you feel.

·

0 comments:

Post a Comment